Drug Interventions are a vital part of recovery for without them recovery would not be an option for many. Addiction is a family illness and that’s why an organised Drug Intervention can make all the difference.
Drug intervention: We can help you!
If a drug addicted person refuses the treatment for his addiction, it’s time for a drug intervention. Even if we talk about you, a family member or a friend, we can help you! An intervention is necessary in order to confront the addicted with the fact that he needs help right now. It is very important that the intervention is conducted in the right way; otherwise it can have the opposite effect.
A drug intervention is a treatment designed to help people who are involved with drugs see that they need help. They will receive education, support and life skills to overcome their addiction and resources necessary to resist substances abuse in the future.
Tips for the drug intervention
With the help of the family and the right drug interventionist, the intervention can be done in safe conditions. It is necessary to create the right atmosphere and the drug addicted person cannot be alone. Family members and friends should be around and support the person in this process, help him to understand that this is the right step for him. In the best case scenario, the drug abuser will admit he needs intervention.
When is intervention necessary?
Most drug abusers or addicts don’t realize they have a problem and need support and help from their family and friends. So when do you know a drug intervention is necessary? These are the signs may indicate that is time for the intervention:
- Changes in weight
- Lack of personal hygiene
- Fights with family and friends
- Denial of substances abuse
- Not keeping the promises of getting help
Drug intervention can be personalized according to the substances that were consumed. Also, you can choose between home detox or a rehab intervention.
- Cannabis, known also as marijuana, is a plant intended to be used as psychoactive drug and as medicine;
- Nowadays people are abusing it and consuming for its calming effect, but the consumption is related with some mental health problems.
- The best way of intervention in cannabis addiction is at home. You will get full support and help for 3-7 days until you will feel recovered.
- Cocaine is a very powerful nervous system stimulant. Cocaine abuse and dependence is increasing all over the world and without support people cannot stop using it.
- Cocaine increases alertness, feelings of well-being and euphoria, energy and motor activity, feelings of competence and sexuality. Anxiety, paranoia and restlessness can also occur, especially during the comedown. Usually, effects last between 30 minutes and 1 hour.
- The drug intervention in this case is recommended to be done in a specialized center, with a personalized treatment and full support from trained interventionists.
- Heroine, also known as diamorphine, is an opioid analgesic, used as medicine and as an active drug. It is converted in morphine in the body.
- Commonly injected or smoked, the abuse of heroin can cause dependence, pneumonia, infections and reduces liver function.
- For drug abusers, it is really hard to quit heroin without specialists help. Heroine gives psychological health problems and full support of the family is necessary.
Other drugs intervention:
- At our center you can get help for any drug or substance abuse: ketamine, crystal meth, mandrax, crack, MDMA etc.
- You can choose from home detox or rehab in our center.
- In both ways, you will get full support, specialists help and treatment.